Sunday 1 July 2012

Detour le Kuching

On departing to Kuching alone at 7.50am
I felt very nervous on catching the plane
Reached around 10.55am at LCCT which is okay
Took bus from uni main entrance gate and from there
Reached train station UKM to Nilai train station
From there took 2 buses separately location to reach LCCT
That's why I took bout 3 hours to reach there


Checked in my luggage 8kg I decided to have mcD for lunch
Sat there for an hour looking at people hurrying here and there
Was amazed seeing some big families departing together for vacation
Which will never happen to my family as my grandma doesn't wanna take flight
My parents prefer to stay at home while my dog needs people to take care
Board the plane and my heart filled with mixture of emotions
As I wished everything will go smoothly in Kuching
Just as I hoped miracles just happened sometimes
And all along 4.5 days in Kuching things were unpredictably perfect


We went to many shopping malls and night market
We watched Abraham Lincoln and Prometheus at The Spring Mall
Prometheus that movie was the most comfortable for me
I dunno if he felt the same after all I the one putting weight on him
He hugged me from back while supporting me made me feel comfortable
Till I can sleep in his arms while watching movie
Meanwhile Madagascar was put on hold after this 2 movies..
Madagascar, Sadako and Dictator watched in Singapore the week after
Sadako 3D movie was okay but the audience here in Singapore laughed a lot
And we felt the suspense feeling in air with them which is cool
The ghost lady hand jerking out from the screen into my 3D glasses
Never put me in fear at all but I was enjoying horror movie for the first time


Madagascar was overall pleasant with lots of funny jokes and conversation
Making everyone in the cinema alive and gave much mirth to the audience
On the other hand, The Dictator was not shown in Malaysia
Therefore I'm glad to watch it overseas and it was rated 18 there
Luckily I'm matured enough to gain entry into THX theather that very lucky day


His family members are too kind and too friendly for me
I felt so grateful meeting them for the very first time
I had been brought to various places to eat various food
Kolo Mee was the best, followed by Kueh Chap and Laksa
Although I didn't really taste their laksa cause it tasted a little weird to me
But anyhow, it was uniquely Sarawak Laksa and only available there

It was purely white colour springy mee served with vinegar and chillis
Different stalls serve different types of Kolo Mee and all of them I love to eat too
This is the Kueh Chap served at night market and taste like bak kut teh ^^
This is the most famous 3 layered tea in Kuching
Made from tea first layer followed by fresh milk and gula melaka
Formed the 3 layered tea mixed well and be served chilled
Their famous Paku Chai which was served in white wine that day
Usually locals will fried it with belacan and served with cili padi
Anyway it tasted nice and crunchy with sweet aroma
This is the 六味汤 means 6 tastes soup
I couldnt identify the 6th ingredient in it
Cause in west Malaysia we only have 5 taste soup
Anyway I like to chew on the ice and jelly :)
The first ever unique grill stove made of glass over the heater
At U garden in Kuching at very reasonable price
However the place was in dim light so we couldnt see the "meat" properly
The next day unfortunately I had diarrhoea caused from the clams
Nice experience though I need to attend the toilet more often than usual
This thin unique piece of egg needed a lot Kung Fu to create it
But somehow I couldnt taste the egg I could taste the vegetables in it more
The big fresh prawn grilled with wine
Taste like lobster and full of meaty smell


My last night in Kuching I felt heavy hearted
I missed Kuching a lot and his family too
Although Kuching full of pot holes on its road
Although traffic jam was as terrible as it is in Penang
Kuching is still a wonderful city and peace at night
He brought me around the city after 12am although he was exhausted
Knowing that this is the last night we could spend together in Kuching
Showing me every places he could and all the cat statues
Thanks you my love and I appreciate it a lot
Thank you for the hospitality you had given to me
All the sacrifices you had for me truly worth while


As we waved goodbye to his mummy and sister
We boarded the plane to our next destination
I could feel that he misses his family a lot
But life must carry on and we headed to Singapore
I must admit I'm excited that day to fly in the air for the first time
With someone I loved most



No comments:

Post a Comment